Re: reopening bugs closed by removal after package reintroduction?

Hi,

On 05.05.20 09:14, Paul Wise wrote:

> One of the tasks needed when reintroducing packages after they have
> been removed is that the bugs that were closed by the removal need to
> be triaged and either reopened or version closing information added:
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#reintroducing-packages
>
> Should we be automatically reopening these bugs?

On first thought it makes a lot of sense. It also seems useful to
automate this: if we rely on the maintainers to do it manually, there is
a big chance that it will be forgotten, most of the time.

Can you explain a bit better which issues this could cause to
maintainers? About how many cases per year are we talking for example?

> Should triaging these bugs be required of maintainers?

I don't understand the question. Do you mean, that when these bugs are
automatically reopened, maintainers would be required to triage them
manually? If this is what you mean, it seems like what maintainers do
anyway. Looking at your questions below, this is probably not what you mean.

> Does anyone think that triaging these bugs is a bad idea?
>
> Does anyone want to help triage these bugs (see attached dd-list)?
> Should we also be triaging the bugs filed against removed versioned
> source packages like golang-1.9 or python3.6?
>
> The attached script provided by Stuart Prescott detects reintroduced
> packages and a loop around `curl | grep -F +rm` detects bugs needing
> triage. I'll attempt to run this and triage bugs when I can.

Ulrike