Re: Mass bug filing: dependencies on GTK 2

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:38:27AM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Quite a lot of source packages (see attached list and dd-list) have
> Build-Depends on GTK 2 (libgtk2.0-dev), or produce binary packages with
> a Depends on it.
>
> Mass-filed bugs for this will be usertagged to appear in
> https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?user=pkg-gnome-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org&tag=gtk2
> and will be marked as blocking #947713.

It is a huge list, but I think it's fine and you should start filing the
bugs.

You haven't included a copy of the proposed text, but I think you should
file the bugs at severity:minor, given the amount of involved packages,
and the fact that you state we might not be able to remove gtk2 in many
many years.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo