Re: PixelPlex listing inquiry (Debian consultants list)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 6:25 PM Holger Wansing wrote:

> Is there anything that needs to be done (and can be done) about this?

For existing outdated mirrors we could try to contact the operator to
have it removed.

Future mirrors or existing mirrors that continuously keep up to date
are unlikely because I don't think we allow rsync mirrors of the
website any more. To find out if there are any we could add some
JavaScript to the footer that checks if the URL is one of a set of
approved locations (debian.org/debian.net, 127.0.0.1 and similar
addresses) and if it is not then it informs the Debian web team of the
URL via a CGI and redirects the site to www.d.o.

> (and maybe more/other mirrors like this?)

Google found only one on people.d.o and several domains that point at
the vim one you mentioned.

https://people.debian.org/~koster/www/

--
bye,