Re: Third-party forks of packaged projects

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:16 PM Kyle Edwards wrote:

> I did not realize that exceptions were occasionally made for vendored libraries

There is no exception for vendored libraries, but occasionally people
just upload without doing the work needed to find them or deliberately
ignoring the rules etc. Consequently there are a ton of embedded code
copies in Debian, probably many more than even the current giant list
of registered embedded code copies indicates.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCopies

--
bye,
pabs