Re: Recommendations around Git Packaging in Debian

On 2020-04-20 21:45:27 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 4/20/20 4:19 PM, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
> > Em 18/04/2020 15:38, Sam Hartman escreveu:
> > > Tl;DR: This is a summary of discussion held during the summer and fall
> > > of 2019 surrounding Git packaging in Debian.
> >
> > I would like to remember we are not a north hemisphere community, so,
> > please, don't say "summer and fall" because here on the south, it's not
> > the same from you :-)
>
> When talking about the south hemisphere, I always found it confusing to
> talk about summer and winter... What your recommendation? Only use month
> names?

He could also have phrased it "latter half of 2019," or "2019 third
and fourth quarters," or even simply "last year" (the topic at hand
didn't *really* warrant any more specific time frame than that to
begin with). This is a which habit of I've needed to cure myself in
recent decades too, so I totally empathize. It's hard to remember to
avoid referring to global events relative to the seasons in which I
experienced them, and that for others on the planet it was not the
same seasons they were experiencing. These days, I have my editor
treat names of seasons as a red flag when I'm reviewing what I've
written, so that I hopefully don't forget.
--
Jeremy Stanley