Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 09:21:35 +0200, Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch>
wrote:
>On 09.04.20 08:47, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> As a user, I'd prefer Kubernets to be in Stable if possible. I'd be one
>> of these users who don't care about the latest shiny feature, and prefer
>> something stable, supported for YEARS to come, not just 3 months.
>
>To give a datapoint:
>
>Kubernetes as a Service offerings on the market are often already one,
>two or three major releases behind. Which IMHO serves as a useful
>datapoint of the "needs of the users"...

I do have serious doubts that the providers of such services are able
to have the security vulnerabilities in their outdated software fixed.
And if so, since they have their services in a controlled environment
and call roll fixes that would be unsuitable for a Debian package. And
propble working with that software professionally might probably not
need the level of upstream support that Joe B. Debianuser needs.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |