Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

On 09.04.20 08:47, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> As a user, I'd prefer Kubernets to be in Stable if possible. I'd be one
> of these users who don't care about the latest shiny feature, and prefer
> something stable, supported for YEARS to come, not just 3 months.

To give a datapoint:

Kubernetes as a Service offerings on the market are often already one,
two or three major releases behind. Which IMHO serves as a useful
datapoint of the "needs of the users"...

Once you have a cluster running, there is very little incentive to take
it down (which is the exact contrary of why you'd run a cluster in the
first place) and upgrade it... so one can expect Kubernetes **in
particular** to remain on the same major version once it's running and
in production.

Note that Kubernetes had major breakages between major releases
(deprecated old APIs were removed), which means that upgrading your
cluster has high potential to break your deployment. One more reason to
stay put with whatever release you're running on.

I'm saying all this not as an opinion for or against anything, but just
to present datapoints and arguments.
*t