Re: Overinterpretation of DFSG? QR code for receiving donation is non-free???

Raphael Hertzog, le lun. 30 mars 2020 10:14:13 +0200, a ecrit:
> And on the opposite, if upstream changes the link, the you break it
> without noticing

Agreed, indeed.

> (unless you put even more code to first extract the link from the
> picture and then re-encode it).

Actually that would argue in favor of doing it, precisely to make sure
that it is still the donation URL, and not a faked one that would go
unnoticed if the URL only shows up as QR code.

I would agree to keep the upstram picture it was really the preferred
form of modification, but it really is not here: I can't check/fix the
URL by just looking at the picture.

Samuel