Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

Hi,

> As a person who originally introduced Kubernetes to Debian I can say that it
> is indeed a lot of work to maintain this package and to reuse packaged
> libraries. But I've demonstrated that it is possible at least to some extent.

if you've maintained k8s you would know that it is only tested with the
exact versions of the libraries as it was released with.

Choosing different versions is prone to introduce subtle bugs and should
never be done and accepted if that k8s version is supposed to be ready
for production usage.

What you suggest is a nice idea, but hard for go sources and impossible
for packages like k8s.

The DD you called inexperienced has done everything right.

Bernd