Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

On Wednesday, 25 March 2020 2:34:03 PM AEDT Michael Lustfield wrote:
> With regard to the kubernetes package, I don't see anything to indicate it
> was abandoned.

Sorry if I did not make it clear: the package was orphaned as per #886739.
The takeover was only technological. I don't dispute the ownership of the
package.

> One person is
> interested in maintaining the package per our standards, and another is
> interested in getting it updated.

It is all about balance... I think we can have both: a package updated with
respect to our standards or at least with best effort to respect standards.

I'm not interested in maintaining Kubernetes any more. I simply can't afford
to spend more time on it after investing so much already. I'm somewhat
disappointed in upstream and their handling of the project. I'm not even
using Kubernetes and my concerns are about packaging practices and
methodologies.

--
All the best,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's
mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
        -- George Orwell, 1984.