Re: RFC: Replacing vim-tiny with nano in essential packages

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> writes:

> +1 for nvi - it's a very good editor of last resort.

nvi is orphaned both upstream and in Debian and is quite buggy (probably
all minor stuff or less common stuff like non-ASCII support, but I
wouldn't count on it given the code).  I would not recommend it unless
someone wants to adopt it and try to clean it up.  I considered doing that
a few years ago, looked at the code and the existing patches, and switched
to vim instead.