Re: Packaging new library very similar to another library

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 1:00 PM Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 12:49:25PM -0400, Aaron Boxer wrote:
> Besides the copyright file, I would like to test building the package.
> What's the best way of doing this? I am on
> Ubuntu Eoan.  Thanks!
Get a sid system (chroot is probably fine). Install and configure pbuilder
or sbuild there. You will also need this system to actually test the
resulting package and act on bug reports, if you want to maintain this
package in sid.
I don't recommend running any packaging tools on non-sid, especially on
Ubuntu, unless you know the difference in behavior.

Thanks, Andrey. I have followed steps to set up sid system with schroot.
How can I test package build using rules file ?

--
WBR, wRAR