Re: Packaging new library very similar to another library

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:52 PM Aaron Boxer <boxerab@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've made a first pass at the packaging. If anyone has time to review, it would be great:
>
> https://github.com/GrokImageCompression/grok/tree/master/debian

Just few things from a quick look.

1. compat level is too old, current one is 12.
2. Standards-Version is also old. current is 4.5.0
3. You can not use the name "grok" as source, its already taken.
(https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/grok)
4. I am hoping you will be maintaining the package, so Maintainer should be you.
5. You can drop the Uploaders unless it is team maintained.
(https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#uploaders)
6. Vcs-*  should have the link to the repo where the debian package
source will live. It can be github if you want.
7. Since there is no patch, you can drop the d/patch folder.

--
Regards
Sudip