Re: not starting a daemon upon installation

On Sun, 2020-03-08 at 18:50 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> debootstrap's files don't contain the string "divert". They do,
> however, dump "exit 101" to $TARGET/usr/sbin/poliy-rc.d.

I should issue a small correction to my earlier statement of live-build
using a dpkg-divert of start-stop-daemon as its _single_ solution;
working on the live-build codebase right now I bumped into its
chroot_sysv-rc module and thus got a reminder that it does in fact also
implement the policy-rc-d solution.

so both debootstrap and livebuild both implement a form of both of
these.