Re: bootstrap.min.js in pydoctor

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 05:40:47PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> (The d/copyright problem with epydoc should be easy if tedious to fix;
> I don't understand why it wants epydoc which I thought was obsolete
> but this is far from my field of expertise.)

epydoc has been unmaintained for a long time, but the API documentation
of various projects (notably Twisted) still relies on its docstring
format for automatically-generated HTML documentation in a way that
would be extremely tedious to replace with something else.  As a result,
the approach that the Twisted developers ended up taking for pydoctor
was to take a copy of the bits of epydoc that they needed and port those
bits to Python 3 themselves.

(This is second-hand; I'm not on the Twisted team, but I contribute a
fair bit there and generally keep an eye on what they're doing since we
rely on Twisted at work.)