Re: dh_makeshlibs does not generate version info for some packages

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 01:52:32PM +0100, Jędrzej Dudkiewicz wrote:
> > > I have custom package (zs-boost_1.71.0_armhf.deb) that install libraries
> > > to /opt/deps (which is not a big problem since we install on BeagleBone
> > > with custom image on SD-card, also because of few exotic requirements it
> > > is a necessity). I'm trying to build yet another package using libraries
> > > from aforementioned  package.
> > I don't think you described whether the zs-boost package provides enough
> > info about the libs it contains (so DEBIAN/shlibs and/or DEBIAN/symbols).
> Thanks for an answer.
>
> After:
>
> ar xf zs-boost_1.71.0_armhf.deb
> tar xf control.tar.gz
dpkg-deb -e

> I have "shlibs" file with (partial output):
>
> libboost_atomic 1.71.0 zs-boost
> libboost_chrono 1.71.0 zs-boost
> libboost_date_time 1.71.0 zs-boost
> libboost_filesystem 1.71.0 zs-boost
> libboost_iostreams 1.71.0 zs-boost
> libboost_prg_exec_monitor 1.71.0 zs-boost
> libboost_regex 1.71.0 zs-boost
>
> So I'd say yes, yes it is.
The lines don't have version restrictions so the behavior you see is
expected and correct. See also deb-shlibs(5).
Debian library packages are also different for different sonames so not
having version restrictions works for them in the simplest cases, unlike
yours.

--
WBR, wRAR