Re: Is there still a point in installing libgcrypt to /lib instead of /usr/lib

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 22:10:05 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Feb 18, Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:
> > However, it doesn't give us a solution for what should happen to things
> > that are canonically on the root filesystem and *do* have their absolute
> > paths hard-coded somewhere, most critically /lib*/ld*.so.* and /bin/sh.
>
> This does not matter as long as we have to support un-merged-/usr
> systems.

Sorry, I don't think I'm understanding you correctly. Do you mean
that this *only* matters as long as we have to support un-merged-/usr
systems? (Because on merged-/usr systems, /bin/sh and /usr/bin/sh both
exist and are equivalent anyway, whichever path dpkg might think it
canonically has; so the harder situation here is un-merged-/usr)

    smcv