Re: Is there still a point in installing libgcrypt to /lib instead of /usr/lib

    >> I think we have consensus that consolidating all static OS files
    >> into /usr (removing the distinction between /usr and the static
    >> parts of the root filesystem) is the route that Debian is
    >> taking. I think we do not have consensus on how that is to be
    >> achieved.
    Marco> Do we really have a consensus? Is everybody persuaded now
    Marco> that there is no point in continuing to support non-merged
    Marco> systems?

That is not my understanding of the TC decision no.
My understanding without rereading a complex decision is that for now
we're still supporting both.
But that it's certainly fine if packages move things to /usr if they do
so in a way that avoids breaking things.