Re: Is there still a point in installing libgcrypt to /lib instead of /usr/lib

Hi!

On Sat, 2020-02-15 at 18:31:32 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> afaict we are moving to a usrmerge setup, i.e. with /lib just a
> symlink to /usr/lib. So shouldn't packages start installing stuff to
> /usr/lib instead of /lib? I would like to do that for libgcrypt, since
> I would be able to shorten debian/rules by stopping to split stuff
> between /lib (.so) and /usr/lib (.a).

Doing a proper /usr-merged migration is what we should have done from
the beginning. I've been doing that with all the library packages I
maintain that were under /lib. That includes acl, attr, libaio, libbsd
and libmd, and I know others have been doing this too, so there's
plenty of precedent with this.

Thanks,
Guillem