Re: moving mg from salsa to github?

Hi Harald

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 02:16:27PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I am maintainer for mg, currently on salsa. Problem is, upstream
> doesn't release tar balls anymore, but moved the code to github.

This is nothing uncommon.

> No tags.

So this upstream doesn't make releases but only provides HEAD.

> How can I tell Salsa?

Salsa is a git hosting.  It does not care.

>                       Should I drop the upstream and pristine-tar
> branches on Salsa

_No_.  They refer to Debian releases, not upstream releases.

>                       integrate the repository on github?

"Integrate"?

>                                                           Would
> you suggest to move the debian part to github instead?

Are you upstream?  git is git, regardless of where it is located.  Sure,
some git hosting services give you additional functionality.  But not
for this case

Regards,
Bastian

--
There is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.
		-- Spock, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9