Re: News about the debhelper toolchain

Hideki Yamane:
> On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 15:38:14 +0100
> Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>>  * The "dh-sequence-<foo> build-dependency" to replace the
>>    "--with <foo>" parameter to dh in the debian/rules.
>>    - Note that third-party add-ons may not have added the relevant
>>      Provides to support this change.
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 10~), dh-python3,
> ↓
> Build-Depends: debhelper-compat (= 12),
> Build-Depends-Indep: dh-sequence-python3,
>
>  like this?

Yes, this is now possible in general. :)  I have not tested concretely
whether dh-sequence-python3 supports being put into Build-Depends-Indep
(but it probably does).

Remember to *remove* "--with python3" from d/rules as well. An explicit
"--with python3" will cause issues with Build-Depends-Indep and other
conditional usage (e.g. build-profiles).

~Niels