Re: Kernel parameters protecting fifos and regular files

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 05:26, Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
I'm in favour of setting both to 1. From a quick search Ubuntu carried a patch
in their systemd package to set this as well (LP 1845637).

protected hardlinks/symlinks are enabled via a Debian-specific kernel patch
by default, so I'd say that src:linux should be patched as well, this changes
the default at the deepest level and the /etc/sysctl.conf kicks in for
anyone running custom built kernels.
OK, I'll make them both 1 rather than 2 so there is some consistency.  I note the concern some have brought up about procps is not installed in some minimal installations but that's not the problem we're trying to solve here. They'll be in the next release.

Thanks all for the input.

 - Craig