Re: Uploading of libjpeg-turbo 2.0.x to unstable

Hi Paul,

On  Di 14 Jan 2020 10:18:33 CET, Paul Wise wrote:

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:44 AM Mike Gabriel wrote:

However, I have never really done a transition of such a core'ish
shared library package and I'd love to receive some guidance with this
before I do the actual upload.

You might want to use ratt (Rebuild All The Things) to determine if
any reverse build deps have their build broken by the update, and then
run autopkgtest against the rebuilt packages.

This "ratt" is an awesome tool. Thanks for the pointer. Test builds are on their way.

First of all, I don't think that a classical transition is required as
there has not been an SONAME change for the shared libs in
libjpeg-turbo. Package names haven't changed, either.

In case you are interested in tools for detecting unplanned ABI breakage:

https://github.com/lvc/pkg-abidiff
https://sourceware.org/libabigail/manual/abipkgdiff.html
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/192731475679616@web2g.yandex.ru

I will look into these later. Thanks for the advice!

Mike
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net