Re: Uploading of libjpeg-turbo 2.0.x to unstable

Hi Graham,

On  Di 14 Jan 2020 08:59:59 CET, Graham Inggs wrote:

Hi Mike

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 09:44, Mike Gabriel <sunweaver@debian.org> wrote:
Simply uploading and waiting for things to break (at runtime) is
neither a good approach, I sense. I have done some usual smoke tests
(running this and that desktop environment, viewing JPEG images,
etc.), but that feels insufficient.

Autopkgtests are now run for packages in experimental, see:
https://release.debian.org/britney/pseudo-excuses-experimental.html#libjpeg-turbo

Ah, very cool. I wasn't aware of autopkgtest providing such an interface. Awesome!

This tells you what would break if libjpeg-turbo were uploaded to unstable.
It looks like only vtk6/vtk7 have a problem:

autopkgtest for vtk6/6.3.0+dfsg2-5: amd64: Regression

-> WARNING: package libvtk6-dev is not installed though it should be

autopkgtest for vtk7/7.1.1+dfsg2-1: amd64: Regression

-> WARNING: package libvtk7-dev is not installed though it should be

Both regressions [1,2] seem to be unrelated to libjpeg-turbo, it seems...

Mike

[1] https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/v/vtk6/3924854/log.gz [2] https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/v/vtk7/3924855/log.gz
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net