Re: Bits from the Debian Community Team (Jan 2020)

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Hi,

Last (but definitely not least!): We're continuing to look for more
volunteers to help in the Community Team. While we strongly believe
that making Debian a good and welcoming place for collaboration is a
responsibility of *all* members of our community, there's also a need
for dedicated people to assist when things are not working so well. If
you think you'd like to help, please contact us - we promise not to
bite! :-)

The process you follow to accept or not new contributors is not quite clear for me and/or not encouraging. When I proposed help, I had a further reply saying "if we accept, we contact you, otherwise no". But as there is not timing, impossible to know wether the application is accepted or rejected and why. I guess now my application was rejected, no problem, but it works like a job, strange. More communication would have helped. Furthermore, you should explain the process for anyone who would want to help to make people want to do so. And what are your criteria or whatever.

I dont remove my proposal if not yet rejected, but indeed I am less motivated, all the more I wonder what I would have done in recent difficult situations in Debian related to CoC.

Regards

Cheers,

Steve, for the Community Team