Re: migration from cron.daily to systemd timers

On Jan 07, Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:

> is enabled by setting CRON=1 in /etc/default/spamassassin.  For users
> running systemd, I'd expect to ship a timer unit that is disabled by
> default, and have them enable it with:
>
> $ systemctl enable spamassassin-daily-maintenance.timer
>
> Any issues with that?
Looks good to me.

> For upgrades from versions that did not include the timer, should I
> enable the systemd timer if the user has set CRON=1?  Or should I leave
This would be nicer, but OTOH you correctly argue that the cron job
could have been modified locally: dealing with all this may not be too
much complex or fragile.
But you can also implement this later at any time, there is no need to
try right now.

--
ciao,
Marco