Re: opentmpfiles & opensysusers, and its use in the Debian policy

Hi,

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 10:05, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> I'd like also to point to you that the alternatives are much easier to
> maintain: they are written in shell script only, and are completely
> independent from anything else.

Having looked at the code of both systemd-tmpfiles (written in C) and
opentmpfiles (written in shell), I must admin I like the C version
more. The shell version looks a bit more spaghetti-like and it is
difficult for me to tell whether it actually conforms to the spec or
not. I can’t say the C version is very easy to understand either, but
it feels much more readable.

--
Cheers,
  Andrej