Regressions in keeping minbase variant minimal since buster

Out of interest I've checked the state of sid vs buster debootstrap
--variant=minbase chroots to see if it's been growing while nobody has been
paying attention. Apparently we have a couple of regressions. Sharing this in
case someone else is interested in the result (or atleast hoping to wake
someones interest so they fix it so I can be lazy ;-P).

First here's a diff between buster-minbase and sid-minbase package list:

$ diff -u buster-minbase-pkg.list sid-minbase-pkg.list  | grep '^[+-]'
--- buster-minbase-pkg.list	2020-01-01 13:53:54.528579149 +0100
+++ sid-minbase-pkg.list	2020-01-01 13:51:36.656253717 +0100
-gcc-8-base:amd64				install
+gcc-9-base:amd64				install
+libcrypt1:amd64					install
-libhogweed4:amd64				install
+libhogweed5:amd64				install
-libnettle6:amd64				install
+libnettle7:amd64				install
+libpcre2-8-0:amd64				install
+logsave						install
+lsb-base					install

My analysis of this follows:

Replacements (diff noise):
gcc-8-base -> gcc-9-base
libhogweed4 -> libhogweed5
libnettle6 -> libnettle7

Package splits (not really regressions):
libcrypt1 -> split from glibc (pulled in by libc6, login, passwd)
logsave -> split from e2fsprogs (pulled in by e2fsprogs - which is,
                                 since buster, deinstallable!)

New (regressions):

libpcre2-8-0 pulled in by libselinux1
	- several core packages have moved to pcre2, so this is basically an
          unfinished libpcre(3) -> libpcre2 replacement.
	- grep should also move over so libpcre3 is no longer needed. Already
          reported in #907652
	- (outside minbase there are however many other packages that will also
	   need porting, eg. glib. Thus it might be hard to avoid having both
	   PCRE libraries installed for a long time ahead.)

lsb-base pulled in by sysvinit-utils
	- Already reported in #946399
	- it might however finally be time to tackle the bigger task of making
	  sysvinit-utils non-essential, see #851747. I'm tempted but will post
	  details in a separate mail if I get motivated enough. Please reach
	  out if you're interested in helping out! I've given this plenty of
          thought over the years so have a pretty good idea about it.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson