Re: opentmpfiles & opensysusers, and its use in the Debian policy

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for working on these!

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 02:14:34PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> As I wrote, no need to complain, but act.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/opentmpfiles
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/opensysusers
>
> Both are now in the NEW queue, and both need some kind of init.d sysv-rc
> script. Please anyone, contribute that init script.

I quickly scanned the etc files in my Gentoo chroot, and found some
openrc scripts for opentmpfiles. I volunteer to translate that one into
the form we can use, but currently I don't acquire the lock due to my
overflowing todo list. [1]

For opensysusers I suspect that Gentoo didn't package it as
 $ emerge --search opensysusers
shows nothing.

Maybe we can also borrow something from the non-systemd variant of
Archlinux.

[1] Does anyone know if systemd-nspawn can (theoretically) boot a
    non-systemd stage3 image?  I tried to boot a gentoo+openrc image,
	but it ended up stuck somewhere.
	If this is doable, it will make my init script debugging and
	testing process much much less painfull.