Re: OpenCL / handling of hardware-specific packages

On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 16:40:14 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Guillem Jover]
> > The closest thing I'm aware of is isenkram, but re-checking it now, it
> > looks it's now tailored for hot-plugged hardware? Its README contains
> > interesting information on alternatives and similar solutions. CCed
> > Petter for further input.
>
> Not quite sure why you believe it is tailored for hot-plugged hardware.
> What should be updated to avoid such impression?  It can definitely
> handle any package with hardware mapping in AppStream.

I've to confess, I just skimmed over it, but precisely the few first
things I checked, were what might have mislead me:

  ,---
  $ apt show isenkram
  …
   Try to figure out which packages to suggest for use with a freshly
   inserted hardware device.
  `---

  .--- README ---
  The Isenkram project
  ====================

  This is a simple system to propose to the logged in user any Debian
  packages that would be useful to support a given given piece of
  inserted hardware.

  …
  `---

  ,--- NOTES ---
  Make it easier to get pluggable hardware working in Debian

  …
  `---

Thanks,
Guillem