Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

Ian Jackson writes ("Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> While trying to write the dgit FAQ, and some of the relevant docs, it
> has become even more painfully obvious that we lack a good handle on
> what all the different ways are that people use git to do their Debian
> packaging, and what people call these formats/workflows, and what
> tools they use.
>
> Can you please look through the table below and see if I have covered
> everything you do ?

A very important thing I forgot to say:

Please can we leave aside discussion of the merits or otherwise of
each of these formats/workflows.

Perhaps we can talk about that (again!) at some point, but it tends to
derail any conversation about git packaging stuff and I don't want
this thread derailed.

Also I want people to be able to say what they do without feeling they
may be criticised for it.  For that reason, I should also say: please
feel free to reply privately.

Thanks,
Ian.