Re: Consensus Call: Do We Want to Require or Recommend DH; comments by 2019-06-16

Hi Sam,

Sam Hartman:
>     Jonas> My opinion is that more uniformity in packaging practices
>     Jonas> will bring a bit more simplicity as well. Therefore I applaud
>     Jonas> Sam's initiative to require DH whereever it's sensible.
>
> Hi.
> I'm acting as a facilitator here not as a proponent.
> My job as DPL in this discussion is not to guide us to requiring dh.
> My job is to understand what we as a project want and then to ask the
> appropriate teams in our project to implement this.
>
> It would be inappropriate for me as DPL to actually be trying to get us
> to require dh until we as a community decide (as I believe we've done)
> that in a lot of circumstances, that's what we want.

Sorry for not being clear here. I didn't mean that you're the one who
*decides* on this question, but that you're the one who took the
initiative to drive forward a project-wide consensus to require DH
whereever sensible.

Cheers
 jonas