Re: NMUs: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 03:22:16PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 02:09:14PM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 15.05.2019, 11:31 +0200 schrieb Enrico Zini:

Or introduce a lintian check for not using dh. Then the maintainer
could override lintian and document the reason for it in the override.

... but I think the documented lintian override is better since
it is more connected to code than free text.

I agree; also, the new lintian check/warning showing up in places like
Tracker may help adoption of the documentation (as an override) to
happen across the distribution more quickly.

--
Jonathan Dowland