Re: NMUs: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH

Am Mittwoch, den 15.05.2019, 11:31 +0200 schrieb Enrico Zini:
> I'd propose to recommend dh as the default build system, and document
> in README.source if there are reasons to use something else.
>
> At that point, one could look at README.source to see if changing
> build system would be an possible strategy for fixing bugs in an NMU.

Or introduce a lintian check for not using dh. Then the maintainer
could override lintian and document the reason for it in the override.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

1&1 IONOS Cloud GmbH | Greifswalder Str. 207 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
E-mail: benjamin.drung@cloud.ionos.com | Web: www.ionos.de

Head Office: Berlin, Germany
District Court Berlin Charlottenburg, Registration number: HRB 125506 B
Executive Management: Christoph Steffens, Matthias Steinberg, Achim
Weiss

Member of United Internet