Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream moves from tarballs to git

    Ansgar> On Fri, 2019-05-03 at 17:39 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
    >> Ansgar writes ("Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream
    >> moves from tarballs to git"):
    >> upstream > > moves from tarballs to git"): > > > How do you
    >> update the package to a new upstream release?

    >> tool.  For the > > maintainer, dgit replaces dput, not gbp pq or
    >> git-dpm or quilt.
    >> >
    >> > The question was to illustrate that dgit forces you to learn
    >> about > branches, merging, ...  There is no workflow with dgit
    >> that doesn't > require this; when not using dgit, this isn't
    >> required.
    >>
    >> This is so wrong it is very perplexing to me.

    Ansgar> Yet you confirm exactly what I am saying...

I'm having a bit of trouble here and am hoping you can help us out.
Ian asked what git workflow it is that you're talking about where people
can deal with commit push and pull and don't need to know more.

I didn't see a clear answer to that.
Which debian packaging workflow do you believe has that property?