Re: gbp-buildpackage showing change outside debian/, possibly after DEP-14 conversion

> I have no idea where the line terminators difference in one single
> branch in one single file that is never used in Debian builds comes
> from. I don't think it's the pristine-tar data, when I remove the
> generated orig.tar.xz and have it regenerated with --git-no-pristine-tar
> it has a different md5sum (so pristine tar is apparently not used), but
> the file in the archive still has a different linefeed than the one in
> the git archive.

There are various settings in git-config (either ~/.gitconfig,
.git/config) which can cause line endings to be modified in the working
tree, `core.{eol,safecrlf,autocrlf}` are the main ones I see in git-
config(1). You might have one of those in an unexpected location?

I think that .gitattributes has similar controls, which might explain
it affecting only a single file.

Ian.