Re: introduction of x-www-browser virtual package

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> Right now we have at least one package (one of the lxde* ones) shipping
> a .desktop file that references x-www-browser but does not guarantee
> that x-www-browser exists; this can be resolved via a virtual package.

https://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?p=debian/lxpanel.git;a=blob;f=debian/desktop/lxde-x-www-browser.desktop

But I wonder whether that .desktop makes sense. Wouldn't users be
better served by just having a Firefox ESR .desktop instead? They
would know what it is and could delete it if they don't need it.

LXDE doesn't ship with any tool that allows customizing what
x-www-browser is, right? I don't see that LXDE .desktop as being very
useful in practice.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha