Re: [RFC] Proposal for new source format

Russ Allbery writes ("Re: [RFC] Proposal for new source format"):
> And therefore the goal of this proposal is to define a source package
> format that allows this to be done more easily than our current source
> package format allows?

Of course this means that the resulting source packages are not the
"3.0 (quilt)" patch queue source packages that many people (even some
people who like git) say is important to them.

A key design goal for dgit and my tag2upload proposal, is that (when
used in the most usual way) it produces nice source packages like
everyone is used to.

Ian.