Re: [RFC] Proposal for new source format

    >> I don't think this proposal is sufficiently well developed where
    >> you're going to get much good feedback on debian-devel.

    Bastian> What would be the correct location for it?

I'm fairly frustrated that you snipped the key part of my mail trying to
give you constructive feedback and ignored the point I'm trying to make.

The problem is not that you're bringing this up on debian-devel.

The problem is that your proposal IS NOT SUFFICIENTLY DEVELOPED.
Several people including me have given you feedback that we didn't get
it.  based on other responses I may understand what you were trying to
do better than when I read your original message.  But as it stands, I
think the point is not to present the proposal somewhere else.  I think
that those wanting this proposal need to do a bit more work before
presenting it to the community.

In particular, quoting my original message:
>I don't think this proposal is sufficiently well developed where you're
>going to get much good feedback on debian-devel.

>My recommendation:

>1) Consider Russ's comment.  Consider whether you still want to go
>forward.

[It sounds like this may have happened by now.]

>2) If so, find a small group of people who think your idea sounds good.
>Focus on fleshing things out.  Include use cases and how this would make
>the world better.

>3) Solicit review on such a fleshed out proposal.

I think there is a bunch of stuff surrounding the assumptions and goals
of your proposal that is currently in your head and not in the proposal.
I'm reasonably up to date on these discussions.  If my initial reaction
is confusion, others are going to have that reaction too.