Re: [RFC] Proposal for new source format

On Sun, 2019-10-27 at 20:29 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> If you modify the upstream source, then by definition you do not have
> reproducibility of the upstream source, and you're now talking about
> something else (review of the changes, which I called audit in my

I think I'm guilty of a poor choice of words.

> I have no idea how you got that from my previous messages, but you
> have misunderstood.

Excellent.

> This is exactly my objection to reducing everything to patches rather
> than using the power of Git to represent the history and structure of
> the changes made for Debian.

Personally I don't see the "power of git" adds much apart from history,
but really it doesn't matter for this discussion.

> am completely baffled by your belief that this is inherently easier
> to do with quilt than with Git.

I don't believe that.  I guess we are talking past each other.  Out of
curiosity do you do maintain the changsets manually in git, or use
something like gquilt?