Re: should all bug reports be filed against /source/ packages?

On 10/23/19 11:53 PM, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> Fully agreed. It's also hard for users to pinpoint the correct binary
> package and they tend to get stale with changes to binary names anyway
> (soname changes to libs etc.)

I think its easier for users to find the binary package name, as the
package is being installed and the user might even to remember that
they've installed the package. Or if there is a segfault in libfoo123, I
think the first idea would be to report a bug against libfoo123 and not
against foo-bar-fuzz, the source of libfoo.
So I think at the end reportbug just needs to do the right thing....