Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 07:44:44PM +0200, Inaki Malerba wrote:
> On 13/9/19 15:20, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > For this I need to use my veto as Salsa admin.  With the CI people we
> > have to work through too much problems first.
> If there are _too much problems_ I think you should, at least,
> communicate with us.

I opened several issues now.  Most of them are about reduction of
resource usage.

In combination with the changes I did to Salsa, those should be at least
a step in the right direction.  I haven't looked deep enough for a
complete overview.

> Forbidding something you don't like without further explanation doesn't
> seem to be the best way to go (applies to all Salsa matters).

If you do stuff ten or hundred times, we don't care.  If you do it a
thousand or more times, we start to care.

We told people a lot of times to think before doing and be light with
the available resources.

> > On 13/9/19 18:00, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Are there additional resources either the salsa admins or the salsa CI
> > team needs to move forward to a place where you'd both feel comfortable
> > recommending Salsa CI?
> It would be great to find a way to discuss things between Salsa admins
> and users. It's been one way only so far.

The communication is more no-way.

You once just added callouts to an external service of your choice to
all jobs you controlled, leaked information about private repositories,
without telling users, and managed to ignore errors while asking the
API using the leaked data.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Genius doesn't work on an assembly line basis.  You can't simply say,
"Today I will be brilliant."