Re: Bits from the DPL (August 2019)

Hi Sam!

First of all thanks for your work you do as DPL, you put a lot of
energy, time and enthusiasm in it, and this is very visible!

On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 09:57:38AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Holger> So to me this is more the consensus of those with the
>     Holger> priveledge to read, process and repond to this mailinglist,
>     Holger> yet there are many more people packaging software in Debian.
>
> I'd say it is a consensus of those who prioritize participating in this
> discussion enough to do so, consented to by the rest of the project.
> If we get it sufficiently wrong people in the broader community will let
> us know.

I noticed the above, and while I'm usually rather silent on the
mailinglist I though it might be good to comment as well from my veryp
ersonal point of view.

For me it would be important to keep on track on new stuff happening
in Debian, but on the other side I have to admit that given the free
time is limited, even though the above, I rather prefer to work on the
things I'm in directly, are already quite involving and the free time
is not infinite. This does not mean that I would agree on such
conclusions, but rather in the light of what I have just written, that
I need to prioritize and simply do not have time to be involved in
these discussions (and not all are native english speakers).

I regularly just need to mark threads as read, which would be
important to follow, or longisher mails, because of lack of the needed
time to dedicate as well for that.

Regards,
Salvatore