Re: Git Packaging Round 2: SHOULD Not or MUSt NOT Github

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 02:07:52PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I think this does not demonstrate that I am wrong about project's
> overall opinion about this.  I am confident that a GR to forbid this
> would succeed.

For what is worth, I would vote against such a GR.

I'm extremely uncomfortable reading what you wrote.

I consider you one of the leading actors of the current discussion on
improving/cleaning/redesigning default workflows in Debian, and I
respect you as such.

I see you keep pushing things with a strong cohercive slant rather than
working on creating useful and attractive infrastructure to make
everyone's work easier.

I wish this work would be grounded instead on an acknowledgement and
acceptance of the, imperfect, diverse, yet still valid status quo.

Thankfully I still consider it to be so, with the exception of the
occasional frightening cohercive twist in some of your mails.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>