Re: Clarification regarding Qt 4 removal (and #875036 in particular)

On September 5, 2019 7:36:01 AM UTC, Gard Spreemann <gspr@nonempty.org> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I maintain src:gudhi, which build-depends on libqglviewer-dev-qt5 and
>depends on libqglviewer2-qt5. Because of the Qt 4 removal,
>src:libqglviewer, which provides the two aforementioned binaries, seems
>to be marked for autoremoval (#875036), and thus src:gudhi too has been
>marked for autoremoval according to the tracker.
>
>Can someone help clarify why the Qt 4 removal causes all of
>src:libqglviewer to be marked for removal? Surely its Qt 5 binaries
>could stay?

All binaries from a source package are removed as a set, so if the Qt4 packages are RC buggy, they all have to go.

>Is there any course of action I should take as maintainer of gudhi? I
>tried contacting the maintainer of libqglviewer a few weeks ago, but
>got
>no reply.

You might investigate if there are remaining rdepends for the Qt4 packages and if not, an NMU to drop them might be in order if you continue not to hear from the maintainer.

Scott K