Clarification regarding Qt 4 removal (and #875036 in particular)

Hi,

I maintain src:gudhi, which build-depends on libqglviewer-dev-qt5 and
depends on libqglviewer2-qt5. Because of the Qt 4 removal,
src:libqglviewer, which provides the two aforementioned binaries, seems
to be marked for autoremoval (#875036), and thus src:gudhi too has been
marked for autoremoval according to the tracker.

Can someone help clarify why the Qt 4 removal causes all of
src:libqglviewer to be marked for removal? Surely its Qt 5 binaries
could stay?

Is there any course of action I should take as maintainer of gudhi? I
tried contacting the maintainer of libqglviewer a few weeks ago, but got
no reply.

Thanks for any pointers.

 Best,
 Gard