Re: On the Removal of src:tensorflow

Hi Yao,

On 2019-09-05 03:55, Yao Wei wrote:
> Recently there's ITP for DeepSpeech (#921519) based on Baidu's research
> and Mozilla Common Voice project, which is depending on TensorFlow:
> https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech

ML-Policy is interested in the giant blob (pretrained neural network)
powering deepspeech.

> I think it is a good practice to leave a tombstone in the wiki that what
> you consider may be pitfalls for packaging deep learning programs and
> the problems that are specific to certain ML frameworks.

I'm planning to write an article connecting all these things together:
debian, artificial intelligence, deep learning, deep learning
frameworks,
deep learning applications, SIMDebian, Debian user repository toolkit,
software freedom, nvidia/cuda, amd/hip-rocm, ML-Policy, conda/anaconda,
scientific computing, julia, etc. That would cover nearly all my debian
activities. Some of them may look unrelated, but actually share a single
concentrated motivation.

And the "pitfalls" will naturally be a part of this article.

> If anyone wants to resurrect TensorFlow in Debian, then it is a good
> reference to see what they would like to avoid.

Anyone interested in this could ask me for hints if in need.