Re: Consensus Call: Git Packaging Round 1

On 8/27/19 7:37 PM, Alf Gaida wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 27.08.2019, 19:18 +0200 schrieb Adam Borowski:
>> New stuff is always better.  Go Electron!
>>
> Like it or not - the idea of pull requests (Github) or merge requests (Gitlab)
> isn't exactly new. It might surprise you that people outside of debian are used
> to use it a lot. Anyways, it's the method i like most if available. If not
> available the good old patch via mail is ok too.
>
> There are things i really like about PRs or MRs - they can be reviewed,
> commented, changed without problems and fast. Just a "new" workflow. I can talk
> only for myself, but i really like it - it speeds up development if used right.

However, there's still a way too much web interaction with it, compared
to what we do with a simple "git review" with gerrit.

If I have to choose between the BTS and the stupid web interface of
Gitlab, then I very much prefer the BTS.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)