Re: tag2upload service architecture and risk assessment - draft v2

Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:

> As an example, I recall concerns about there not being an uploader
> signature on the source anymore, so we would lose the ability to verify
> from the archive who was responsible for the upload.

Does anyone do this?  Does it work today?

I'm dubious that you would be able to successfully verify all of the
archive from *.dsc signatures now.  Maybe you would be able to verify the
pieces that are the most important to you, though?

I think this requirement is a bit incomplete, in that I don't understand
the use case that would lead you to want to do this.  It's more of a
description of an implementation strategy than a use case, which makes it
hard to find other ways of accomplishing the same use case.