Re: Generating new IDs for cloning (was Re: duplicate popularity-contest ID)

    Simon> If you use systemd as init, install dbus, delete or empty
    Simon> /etc/machine-id, delete /var/lib/dbus/machine-id and reboot,

It is my experience that deleting /etc/machine-id doesn't actually work
(even if I delete the dbus machine id too).
It may well be that a zero-byte file works; I didn't know to try that.
But my experience parallels someone earlier on the list that deleting
machine-id does not actually work.